The Historical Archive Sample Page
Military Decorations, Medals,
Emblems and Insignia
Historic Book Collection on CD
Military Decorations, Medals, Emblems and Insignia is a 16 volume collection looking at the history of military identifications and awards. The collection is primarily focused on United States and England (including a fascinating collection of knighthood) but it has many details on other militaries around the world. The collection provides a fascinating glimpse of all the various identifications and honors of various military units through modern history making it a must have collection for any enthusiast of military history.
Here are the volumes in the collection:
- War medals and decorations issued to the British military and naval forces and allies 1588 to 1910 (1910) - Irwin, D. Hastings - 613 pages
- Chats on military curios (1915) - Johnson, Stanley Currie - 349 pages
- Military And Naval Recognition Book: A Handbook On The Organization, Uniforms And Insignia Of Rank Of The World's Armed Forces; Etiquette And Customs Of The American Services; Complete And Colored Plates Of U.S. Decorations, Medals And Ribbons, 4th Ed., 1943 (1943) - Dorling, H. Taprell - 470 pages
- Orders, decorations and insignia, military and civil; with the history and romance of their origin and a full of each (1921) - Wyllie, Robert E - 375 pages
- The book of orders of knighthood and decorations of honour of all nations, comprising a historical account of each order, military, naval, and civil, from the earliest to the present time, with lists of the knights and companions of each British order (1858) - Burke, Bernard - 836 pages
- American orders & societies and their decorations : the objects of the military and naval orders, commemorative and patriotic societies of the United States and the requirements for membership therein, with illustrations in colored relief (1917) - Hood, Jennings - 188 pages
- The ABC of war medals and decorations : being the history of the manner in which they were won, and a complete record of their award, their characteristics, how they are named and how they are counterfeited (1918) - Steward, W. Augustus - 593 pages
- War medals and their history (1915) - Steward, W. Augustus - 585 pages
- The medal collector; a guide to naval, military, air force and civil medals and ribbons (1921) - Johnson, Stanley Currie - 377 pages
- The medals of our fighting men (1910) - Johnson, Stanley Currie - 163 pages
- Edwards's military catalogue. Books, pamphlets, plates, &c. on military history and biography, narratives of expeditions and campaigns, land battles & sea fights, sieges & blockades in all ages and countries, the art of war, army and navy administration, regimental records, costumes, badges, medals, etc. (1907) - Francis Edwards - 699 pages
- Pocket Guide of Uniform Insignia (1943) - 27 pages
- Shoulder Patch Insignia of the U.S. Armed Forces (1944) - 19 pages
- Their glory cannot fade; this souvenir, illustrating the insignia of the Canadian Army, is a simple tribute to the Canadian soldiers who went overseas (1918) - 22 pages
- Air Force Combat Units of World War II - 521 pages
- Uncle Sam's fact book of the world war; containing a thousand and one facts worth knowing concerning the struggle for democracy, including army and navy organization, insignia of rank, pay rolls, branches of the service, regulating laws, classification under and official record of drafts, etc (1918) - 274 pages
Here are some pages from various volumes to give you an idea of the types of illustrations contained in several of the books in this collection:
This CD runs on all Windows and Macintosh computers. You must have a web browser and Adobe Acrobat Reader - (available for free download if you do not have it installed on your computer.) The book index is organized in an HTML menu that is compatible with all browsers and the books themselves are in PDF format to allow them to be universally accessed. Many books on this CD are searchable and printable.
Please visit Our About Me Page to Learn More about Us!
This product is a CD.
All our CDs are professionally produced and packaged in DVD sized cases. This allows you to easily store them with your on your shelf and retrieve them easily. All our CDs are designed to play on any Microsoft Windows computer and Macintosh computers running OS X or higher. Some of our CDs require a special viewer to be installed on your computer to view the images. View Our Other Products:
To view a listing of all our hundreds of products currently available, click the link below: Shipping and Handling: We offer a variety of shipping options via USPS. All options/shipping fees for your country are detailed in the listing shipping tab or when you check out. We ship in the United States and many international locations.
View All Products<--
(Note: This will open a new browser window. )
A special note to our international customers: We only charge shipping costs on our items (and shipping fees from the US are regrettably really that expensive.) We do not collect customs or any other country specific duties. Any such fees owed are your responsibility when the item arrives at your location.
Shipping is generally completed within one business day of purchase. Payment options:
Our payment processor is PayPal Guarantee :
All items are covered by a 30 day money back guarantee. Only the purchase price is refunded. Shipping is not refunded. Item must be sent back at buyer's expense and buyer must include the auction ID and method of payment with the item to receive a refund.
xygooberpie123 Feedback: We give positive feedback to all our paying customers at the time your product is shipped.
To purchase your CD for immediate delivery, Product and Product Advertisement Copyright THA New Media LLC - All Rights Reserved
just click on the Buy It Now button at the bottom of the page.