Arbor-N.O. is an exceptional new formula designed to increase the presence of nitric oxide in the cells, allowing for thicker and stronger muscles, potential increases in sexual strength and decreases in the risk of heart disease. Arbor-N.O. combines the power of four special forms of amino acids (building blocks of protein), at just the right amounts, to allow the volumizing of muscle cells for that super-defined and pumped look. Get that added boost of thickness and visual appeal, along with a real boost of strength, by taking our all-natural cell volumizing Arbor-N.O.
POSSIBLE BENEFITS OF TAKING ARBOR-N.O.
*Thicker, Stronger Muscles
*Defined, Pumped Muscle Look
*Faster recovery time
*Potential Increases in Sexual Strength
*Decreased Heart Disease Risk
Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate (AAKG)- This is a salt form of arginine, and can help to enhance exercise performance. In a Baylor University study, arginine alpha-ketoglutarate was found to increase plasma levels of arginine. Additionally, it was shown to increase one rep maximum weight for the bench press and improve Wingate peak power performance (an anaerobic cycle test designed to measure peak power, similar to sprint interval testing). The study found it to be safe and well tolerated .
Because AAKG increases plasma arginine levels, it can hold that some of the positive effects of standard L-arginine would also be seen when taking AAKG. Arginine, along with ornithine (also included in salt form in this formula), has been shown in research to directly lead to a boost in growth hormone following short-term resistance training . Increases in growth hormone levels can help to reverse some of the negative effects of aging, namely the loss of muscle, the increase in fat, the thinning of skin, and the loss of bone mineral density. In fact, a recent study found that increasing growth hormone levels led to a 8.8% increase in lean body mass, a 14.4% decrease in fat mass, a 1.6% increase in bone density at the lumbar vertebrae, and a 7.1% increase in skin thickness .
Ornithine Alpha-Ketoglutarate (OKG)- This is a salt formed by two molecules of ornithine and one molecule of arginine alpha-ketoglutarate. It has been shown that this combination, which forms OKG, provides benefits not seen from the administration of either of its component molecules alone. OKG helps the body generate other amino acids including glutamine, proline, and arginine. It also helps spur the body to secrete anabolic (mass-creating) hormones including insulin and growth hormone, which allows for faster muscle growth. Nitric oxide is also involved in the OKG pathway, which allows it to work with AAKG to spur a cellular volumizing effect .
OKG has also been shown to be a protective molecular in stressful situations where the body needs repair. People who have suffered significant burns need extra protein in order to rebuild damaged tissue. OKG has been shown to assist burn patients in making a faster recovery, due to its anabolic properties .
Glutamine Alpha-Ketoglutarate- This is a salt combining the precursors of glutamine,taurine and alpha-ketoglutarate. It helps to restore glutamine in muscle cells. Like OKG, glutamine has also been shown to aid in faster recovery for those in need of body repair. For example, in burn patients, it was shown to reduce subsequent infections by a factor of three .
Arginine Keto-isocaproate (A-KIC)- Acting in similar fashion to OKG, A-KIC has been shown to speed recovery in situations requiring positive nitrogen balance (quick increase in protein uptake) according to animal studies. In one situation, traumatized rats were shown to have better nitrogen economy when supplemented with A-KIC, indicating better usage of protein .
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Arbor-N.O. should be taken in conjunction with a healthy diet and proper workout regiment. Arbor-N.0. is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
1. Campbell B, Roberts M, Kerksick C, Wilborn C, Marcello B, Taylor L, Nassar E, Leutholtz B, Bowden R, Rasmussen C,Greenwood M, Kreider R. Pharmacokinetics, safety, and effects on exercise performance of L-arginine alpha-ketoglutarate in trained adult men. Nutrition. 2006;22(9):872-81.
2. Zajac A, Poprzecki S, Zebrowska A, Chalimoniuk M, Langfort J. Arginine and ornithine supplementation increases growth hormone and insulin-like growth factor-1 serum levels after heavy-resistance exercise in strength-trained athletes. J Strength Cond Res. 2010;24(4):1082-90.
3. Rudman D, Feller AG, Nagraj HS, Gergans GA, Lalitha PY, Goldberg AF, Schlenker RA, Cohn L, Rudman IW, Mattson DE.Effects of human growth hormone in men over 60 years old. N Engl J Med. 1990;323(1):1-6.
4. Cynober L. Ornithine alpha-ketoglutarate as a potent precursor of arginine and nitric oxide: a new job for an old friend. J Nutr.2004;134(10 Suppl):2858S-2862S; discussion 2895S.
5. Donati L, Ziegler F, Pongelli G, Signorini MS. Nutritional and clinical efficacy of ornithine alpha-ketoglutarate in severe burn patients. Clin Nutr. 1999;18(5):307-11.
6. Garrel D, Patenaude J, Nedelec B, Samson L, Dorais J, Champoux J, D'Elia M, Bernier J. Decreased mortality and infectious morbidity in adult burn patients given enteral glutamine supplements: a prospective, controlled, randomized clinical trial. CritCare Med. 2003;31(10):2444-9.
7. Jeevanandam M, Ali MR, Holaday NJ, Weis JK, Petersen SR. Relative nutritional efficacy of arginine and ornithine salts of alpha-ketoisocaproic acid in traumatized rats. Am J Clin Nutr. 1993;57(6):889-96.